Take Kale, rinse, tear into bits and pieces like you would for salad, scramble, etc. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Toss with some EVOO to lightly coat, then sprinkle with topping of choice. I opted for a some nutritional yeast and sea salt.
Layer onto a lined baking sheet and bake until chip like – about 10 to 15 minutes.
Eat & Enjoy!
I turned my spaghetti squash into spaghetti! All I did was cut the squash in half, remove the seeds, steamed until tender, and scooped out the inside with a fork (so it’s spaghetti!). The I sauteed some cherry tomatoes my friend Bubba left for me from his garden with some EVOO and garlic. It was really good. I’ve had spaghetti squash before, but always as a side, not my main dish. This turned out great!
Trim Green Beans, toss in EVOO and Sea Salt. Roast at 400F for about 15-20 minutes. Simple, Tasty, and Fast. You can add in almond slices too (I did not, since one of my Thanksgiving guests has tree nut allergy).
4 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into rounds
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Earth Balance Butter
1 1/2 cup water
Combine the brown sugar, EB, and water together over medium heat. Simmer potatoes until tender. Add water if needed, but you want to get a thicker caramel sauce. If you add too much water and need to thicken the sauce take a tablespoon of cornstarch and mix with 3 tbsp hot water until dissolved and stir into the sauce.
Roasted Turips and Brussels Sprouts:
16 ounces Brussels Sprouts, halved
2 turnips (about 3 cups diced)
2 tbsp EVOO
1 tbsp rosemary
1 tbsp thyme
salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to 450, dice turnips and halve brussels sprouts, toss with EVOO to coat and then spread onto a pan. Sprinkle with Rosemary and Thyme, and then the salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes, turn them, then roast 15 more minutes, until turnips are tender.
2 larger sweet potatoes
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
1-2 tbsp earth balance butter
1.Wash, peel, and slice the sweet potatoes
2. In a skillet on medium heat combined the water, brown sugar, earth balance butter.3. Simmer slices and turn them every 5-10 minutes until tender. Adding water, brown suagr, and EB when needed. I usually just add water and pour the remaining sugary mixture of the finished potatoes. But if you’re making more than just two potatoes you’ll need to add some more sugar and EB as you go along.
1 pound Brussels Sprouts, washed and halved
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
2. Toss Brussels Sprouts with some EVOO.
3. Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
4. Remove and toss with some salt and pepper (and any other spices you may like) and return to oven a roast for 5-10 more minutes.