2 larger sweet potatoes
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
1-2 tbsp earth balance butter
1.Wash, peel, and slice the sweet potatoes
2. In a skillet on medium heat combined the water, brown sugar, earth balance butter.3. Simmer slices and turn them every 5-10 minutes until tender. Adding water, brown suagr, and EB when needed. I usually just add water and pour the remaining sugary mixture of the finished potatoes. But if you’re making more than just two potatoes you’ll need to add some more sugar and EB as you go along.
1 pound Brussels Sprouts, washed and halved
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
2. Toss Brussels Sprouts with some EVOO.
3. Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
4. Remove and toss with some salt and pepper (and any other spices you may like) and return to oven a roast for 5-10 more minutes.
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup rice milk
3 tablespoons EVOO
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Lightly oil a baking sheet and set it aside.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and allspice in a large bowl, then set aside.
3. Combine pumpkin, milk, oil, and maple syrup in a medium bowl and stir until smooth.
4. Combine the flour mixture with the pumpkin mixture. Stir just until the mixture holds together; avoid over mixing, or biscuits will be tough.
5. Roll dough out on a lightly-floured work surface and roll out to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch biscuit cutter or a drinking glass, cut out dough into rounds and place on prepared baking sheet. Reroll dough scraps and continue to cut out until all dough has been used.
6. Bake in the center of the preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes, until tops are golden brown. Serve hot.